Sunday, August 7, 2011

I've Created Another Quilting Addict

I taught another class at the Bunney-Hutch yesterday. I had one student in the class. Hopefully they will start picking up and having more. I did enjoy my day yesterday. The lady that came to the class had never quilted or sewn anything by machine. She had done a little hand-sewing though. So, she decided that she wanted to learn how to quilt. She went out and bought a new machine and many of the supplies needed for quilting. She came to the class without any fabric or pattern. So with this in mind, I helped her pick out a pattern and fabric and started teaching her about quilting. From 10:00 until 5:15 she worked hard and finished an entire quilt top including the borders! I am one proud teacher. I scheduled an extra class this coming Friday so that she can learn how to sandwhich her quilt and quilt it. I successfully created another "quilting addict". lol

happy quilting,
karen

2 comments:

  1. Hey Karen, have you ever thought of selling your quilts in your Etsy shop?? The one you and your mom made for us is so precious to us and I'd buy another one from you in a heartbeat! :)

    ReplyDelete