Sunday, July 3, 2011

I've Created A New Scrabble Tile Bracelet Design

For those of you who wonder what a scrabble tile has to do with jewelry making, you've come to the right place. One of the new things in jewelry making is using recycled scrabble tiles. Anything recycled is "in" now... join the "Green Movement".Ok, so I have been working on ideas to take the scrabble tile pendant to the next level. I think I've done it with my new bracelet designs.

How is a scrabble tile turned into a pendant, you ask? I decoupage the tile with fun designs and then mix an epoxy resin and pour it onto the image. Once it's dried, I drill tiny holes on the side and insert fancy jewelry screw eyes. They are not ordinary screw eyes. This bracelet has Czech glass beads and silver beads. I am making more that I will put on my etsy site to sell. I "test-drive" all of my jewelry designs to make sure the jewelry will stand up to daily use. This is my bracelet that I've worn for a week. I'll let you know when they are up on my etsy site.


thanks for reading,
karen

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is beautiful Karen! I love bead shops too! I've found a couple of new ones here in Pittsburgh that I plan to explore soon! Your jewelry is beautiful and so creative! My husband looked at your scrabble pieces bracelet and thought it was a neat idea as well.

    ReplyDelete